KatibugKids, NFP is a faith-based not-for-profit foundation rooted in Jesus Christ with a Christian world-view based on these Biblical Principals:
- God is the Creator of all things Genesis 1:1-2:25
- Every person has meaning and purpose in life Jeremiah 29:11
- Children are important and valuable to God; He makes no mistakes Psalms 139: 13-15
- We are called to serve and share with others in their need 1 John 3:16-18
- And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God Micah 6:8
The motivation for KatibugKids, NFP comes from the personal experiences and Christian convictions of those who have served as parents, siblings, teachers, and caregivers of special needs children. It is the conviction that these special lives and experiences are part of God's plan for us, to be used for others, that motivates the foundation mission and purpose.
Created in 2006, the foundation concentrates primarily, although not exclusively, on families caring for children who suffer a developmental disability as part of their special needs diagnosis. A wide variety of diagnoses are considered for assistance. Each application is considered individually, without regard to race, religion, ethnic orgin, color of skin, or sex, based solely on the needs of the child and the circumstances of the family.